©Sotheby’s and MGM resorts via CNN
- Have you been to Las Vegas?
- Do you have art pieces in your house?
- estimated /EZ-tuh-meytd/
- organizer /AWR-guh-nahy-zer /
- highlight /HAHY-layt/
- venue /VEN-yoo/
- significant /sig-NIF-i-kuhnt/
[adjective] – roughly calculated or approximate
The price of the mansion is estimated at $100 million.
[noun] – the person or group who plans and arranges an event or activity
Please contact the organizer for our company party.
[noun] – the best or most exciting, entertaining, or interesting part of something
The highlight of the wedding was the couple’s dance.
[noun] – the place where a public event or meeting happens
I arrived to the venue quite early.
[adjective] – important or noticeable
Graduation is a significant event in every student’s life.
One of the highlights of the sale is Picasso’s “Femme au béret rouge-orange,” an oil painting of Marie-Thérèse Walter, a young French woman who was his lover and muse. Attendees can also expect at the venue, Picasso’s “Buste d’homme”, his painting from 1969, and “Aiguière — Visage,” a white terracotta vessel he produced in 1954. According to Brooke Lampley, Sotheby’s chairman, the pieces cover the entire period of Picasso’s career.
The sale which falls around the artist’s 140th birthday marks a significant event in Las Vegas’ art industry. According to Brooke Lampley, Sotheby’s chairman, the event is one of MGM Resorts’ goals to turn Las Vegas into a bigger art destination. MGM Resort group’s chief hospitality officer Ari Kastrati also shared their plan of creating an even more inclusive art collection that would give opportunities to artists from under-represented communities.
- Who owns eleven of Pablo Picasso’s artworks?
- How much is the combined worth of the five paintings?
- What kind of painting is Femme au béret rouge-orange?
- What artwork did Picasso make in 1954?
- What is MGM Resorts’ goal for artists from under-represented communities?
- When was the last time you saw a painting in display?
- Do you know anyone who works in the art industry?
- If you were an artist, where would you choose to display your works?
- Which city in your country do you think is the most artistic?
- In your opinion, why is original artwork so expensive?