- Do you support the use of electric cars in the future? Why or why not?
- What do you think of using electric cars?
- accessible /ak-SES-uh-buhl /
- remote /ri-MOHT/
- ban /ban/
- consumer /kuhn-SOO-mer /
- rural /ROOR-uhl /
[adjective] – possible to approach, enter, or use
The information is readily accessible on the Internet.
[adjective] – far away in distance
They live in a remote mountain village.
[verb] – to forbid (= refuse to allow) something, especially officially
The company bans smoking on the premises.
[noun] – a person who buys goods or services for their own use
We need more feedback from the consumer in order to improve our goods.
[adjective] – in, of, or like the countryside
Extreme poverty still exists in many rural areas.
The UK plans to ban the sale of new petrol, diesel cars, and hybrids by 2030. By 2050, the majority of cars on the road will be electric or hydrogen fuel cell-powered. Consumers must be protected from excessive fees, according to the Transportation Committee. Property developers should be required to provide public charging outlets, and local governments should ensure that charging infrastructure is built, according to the MPs.
“Charging electric vehicles should be easy and cost-effective, and drivers should not be penalized based on where they live or how they charge their vehicles,” Huw Merriman, the group’s head, said. According to the committee, drivers who live in rural or remote areas, or who lack access to off-street parking, “risk being left behind.” “To change customer charging behavior to a ‘small but often’ approach and at times when the National Grid can supply complete demand,” the industry should use price, according to the report.
- What is more expensive than charging an electric vehicle at home?
- According to the MPs, who should make charging infrastructure more accessible and reliable?
- According to the article, what is the plan of the UK by 2030?
- What kinds of cars will be on the road by 2050?
- What should property developers be required to do?
- Do you know anyone who uses an electric car? Please tell me more about the person.
- Have you tried driving an electric vehicle? If no, would you like to try? Why?
- If you had the money to have an electric car, would you buy one now?
- Do you agree with the idea that consumers must be protected against unreasonable fees from public charging?
- In your opinion, what would be the benefits of having no petrol and diesel cars on the road?