©Getty Images via BBC
- Do you see a lot of Toyota cars in your city?
- What car brand do you think is the best?
- electronic /ih-lek-TRON-ik/
- vehicle /VEE-i-kuhl/
- delay /dih-LEY/
- financial /fi-NAN-shuhl/
- decrease /dih-KREES/
[adjective] – (especially of equipment), using, based on, or used in a system of operation that involves the control of electric current by various devices
The boy was so happy when he received his electronic toy train.
[noun] – a machine, usually with wheels and an engine, used for transporting people or goods, especially on land
There were no vehicles at the parking lot.
[verb] – to make something happen at a later time than originally planned or expected
They had to delay the flight because of the snowstorm.
[adjective] – relating to money or how money is managed
We need financial support for the project.
[verb] – to become less, or to make something become less
House prices decreased by 8% last month.
True or False:
- Toyota will be making 540,000 cars in September.
- Volkswagen is the world’s second-biggest car producer.
- Gelsinger said that it would take a year or two before the situation returned to normal.
- President Joe Biden has called for financial support to make more microchips in the United Kingdom.
- Toyota’s shares decreased by 4.4%.
Fill in the blanks:
- The number of people going to the malls ______ this month.
- The company had a lot of ______ problems last year.
- We had to _____ the delivery because of the rain.
- The ______ is out of gas.
- I bought an ______ dictionary to learn English.