- Have you lost something while on vacation?
- When was the last time you traveled by plane?
- recognized /REK-uhg-nahyz/
- focused /FOH-kuhst/
- government /GUHV-ern-muhnt/
- explode /ik-SPLOHD/
- document /DOK-yuh-muhnt/
[adjective] – if someone or something is recognized, it is generally accepted that that person or thing has a particular position or quality
The college is not an officially recognized English language school.
[adjective] – giving a lot of attention to one particular thing
The department undertakes highly focused research.
[noun] – the group of people who officially control a country
The embassy will continue discussions with the Chinese government.
[verb] – to increase very quickly
The population is exploding in that community.
[noun] – a paper or set of papers with written or printed information, especially of an official type
The document is not considered genuine.
Jacques Demael, senior vice president of strategy and business support at SITA, a Geneva-based aviation-focused global IT corporation, explains, “During a single trip, a passenger may interact with up to 10 different entities, including airlines, government, ground handlers, and at least two airports.” Mr. Demael argues that in recent years, the amount of data shared throughout the sector has “exploded.” Data plays an important role in making a journey run smoothly, from exchanging travel documents to tracking baggage traffic between airports, even if travelers aren’t aware of it.
The pandemic has caused damage to the world’s aviation business. According to the International Air Transport Association (IATA), the industry will recover to 2019 levels in 2022, the same year it is predicted to break even or profit. As a result of the recovery, massive amounts of data will be collected.
True or False:
- According to Pascal Buchner, airlines aren’t recognized for their IT prowess.
- A passenger may interact with up to 10 different entities, including airlines, government, ground handlers, and at least two airports.
- Jacques Demae is the senior vice president of strategy and business support at SITA.
- Data plays a crucial role in making a journey run smoothly, from exchanging travel documents to tracking baggage traffic between airports.
- The pandemic has caused damage in the world’s aviation business.
Fill in the blanks:
- The device was thrown at an army patrol but failed to __________.
- Professor John is a __________ authority in his community.
- The country is need for more __________ research.
- She walked me through the six-page _________.
- The __________ has imposed export restraints on some products.