- Have you traveled abroad? Please tell me about it.
- What problems have you encountered while traveling?
- delayed /dih-LEYD/
- primary /PRAHY-mer-ee/
- management /MAN-ij-muhnt/
- aspect /AS-pekt/
- claim /kleym/
[adjective] – happening at a later time than expected or intended
My plane was delayed by an hour.
[adjective] – more important than anything else; main
Our primary concern is to provide the refugees with food and healthcare.
[noun] – the control and organization of something
Management is looking at ways of cutting costs.
[noun] – one part of a situation, problem, subject, etc.
Dealing with people is the most important aspect of my work.
[verb] – to say that something is true or is a fact, although you cannot prove it and other people might not believe it
They claim that the new drug normalizes blood pressure.
From predictive maintenance, luggage handling, and cargo tracking to staff management and customer loyalty programs, data – and how all this information is processed – has swiftly become one of the most important aspects in determining how well an airline runs. Mr. Demael claims that the amount of data shared across the sector has “exploded” in recent years. Even if travelers aren’t aware of it, data plays an important part in making a journey operate well, from exchanging travel papers to tracking baggage traffic between airports.
The pandemic has wreaked problems in the global aviation industry. The International Air Transport Association (IATA) expects that the industry will rebound to 2019 levels in 2022, the same year that it is expected to break even or profit. Massive amounts of data will be acquired as a result of the recovery.
- Who is Pascal Buchner?
- What does Buchner say about airlines?
- How can airlines stop losing people’s bags in the future?
- What does IATA stand for?
- What did the pandemic do to the global aviation industry?
- When was the last time you traveled by plane? Please tell me about it.
- Do you know anyone who has dealt with lost luggage?
- If you lost your luggage, what would you do?
- Do you agree with the idea that airlines are typically not very strong at information technology?
- Do you think that the industry will recover to 2019 levels in 2022? Why or why not?