- Do you think your home is eco-friendly?
- Do you know about green technology?
- announce /uh-NOUNS/
- opportunity /op-er-TOO-ni-tee/
- bold /bohld/
- environmental /en-VAHY-ruhn-muhnt-tuhl/
- power /POU-er/
[verb] – to tell people new information, especially officially
I was picked on to announce the bad news.
[noun] – a chance to do something good
When an opportunity is neglected, it never comes back to you.
[adjective] – strong in color or shape
The house has a bold design.
[adjective] – relating to the environment
Environmental problems directly affect the quality of people’s lives.
[verb] – supply (a device) with mechanical or electrical energy
The car is powered by a fuel-injected 3.0-liter engine.
According to the government, all of the dwellings would have to meet “bold, new quality and environmental norms:”
• What can you do to make your home more environmentally friendly?
• All new residences will be powered by renewable energy beginning in 2025.
• Tens of thousands of new council homes will be built over the next 20 years.
Some may even become mini-power plants, using green technologies to generate more electricity than they consume. After that, the energy can be transported to the national grid and used to power other residences. Ministers have committed £250 million in 2021-22 to expand financing for social homes for rent.
True or False:
- The Welsh government’s climate change minister has announced plans to create 20,000 low-carbon social dwellings for rent in Wales by 2022.
- The goal is to address both the housing problem and traffic.
- All new residences will be powered by renewable energy beginning in 2025.
- Tens of thousands of new council homes will be built over the next 20 years.
- Ministers have committed £150 million in 2021-22 to expand financing for social homes for rent.
Fill in the blanks:
- The whole city is __________ by Oscorp Industries.
- __________ protection has been a global concern.
- I am proud to be given such an __________.
- They painted the kitchen in __________ colors.
- We will __________ the winners next Sunday.