- housing /HOU-zing/
- greenhouse gas /GREEN-hous gas/
- emission /ih-MISH-uhn/
- council house /KOUN-suhl hous/
- green technology /green tek-NOL-uh-jee/
[noun] – buildings for people to live in
Poor housing and unemployment are the main problems.
[noun] – a gas that causes the greenhouse effect, especially carbon dioxide
Carbon dioxide is the main greenhouse gas.
[noun] – the act of sending out gas, heat, light, etc.
Laws controlling the emission of greenhouse gases are not nearly tight enough.
[noun] – a house that is owned by the local council and rented to people at a low rent
He went back to his parents’ council house on the wedding night.
[noun] – is an umbrella term that describes the use of technology and science to create products that are more environmentally friendly
Renewable energy systems such as solar, wind, geothermal, biomass, and hydroelectric power are frequently used to generate green energy.
“All of the homes will fulfill “bold, new quality and environmental requirements,” according to the government.
• How can you make your home more environmentally friendly?
• From 2025, all new residences will be powered by clean energy.
• Over the next 20 years, thousands of new council houses will be built.
Some might even turn into little power plants, generating more electricity than they use with green technology. The energy may then be sent to the national grid and used to power additional residences. Ministers have committed £250 million to increase spending on social homes for rent in 2021-22.
- What green technology do you use in your country?
- What is your own way to manage climate change?
- If you had the authority, what would you suggest as an alternative to low-carbon housing units?
- Do you agree with the idea of the opponents of the Welsh government?
- What do you think of the Welsh government’s idea to 20,000 low-carbon social homes for rent in Wales by 2026?
- power plant