- What is your idea of green technology?
- When does something become eco-friendly?
- climate change /KLAHY-mit cheynj/
- reveal /ri-VEEL/
- opponent /uh-POH-nuhnt /
- consume /kuhn-SOOM/
- expand /IK-spand/
[noun] – changes in the world’s weather, in particular the fact that it is believed to be getting warmer as a result of human activity increasing the level of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere
Most scientists accept that climate change is linked to carbon emissions.
[verb] – to make known or show something that is surprising or that was previously secret
He refused to reveal the identity of his client.
[noun] – a person who disagrees with something and speaks against it or tries to change it
They are considered a political opponent.
[verb] – to use something such as fuel, energy, money, or time, especially in large quantities
It is a Chinese province that consumes 180,000 tons of coal each year.
[verb] – to increase in size, number, or importance, or to make something increase in this way
During the 1980s, they extended their retail activities.
According to the government, all of the residences would meet “bold, new quality and environmental requirements:”
• What steps can you take to make your home more eco-friendly?
• All new residences will be powered by clean energy starting in 2025.
• Thousands of new council residences will be developed over the next 20 years.
Some may even become mini-power plants, producing more electricity than they consume through green technology. The energy can then be sent to the national grid, where it can be used to power more homes. In 2021-22, ministers have pledged £250 million to expand funding on social housing for rent.
- What is the plan of the Welsh government?
- What are they trying to solve?
- Could you tell me the environmental requirements?
- According to the article, what may even become mini-power plants?
- How much have the ministers pledged to fund to expand the social housing for rent?.
- What green technology do you use in your country?
- What is your own way to manage climate change?
- If you had the authority, what would you suggest as an alternative to low-carbon housing units?
- Do you agree with the idea of the opponents of the Welsh government?
- What do you think of the Welsh government’s idea to 20,000 low-carbon social homes for rent in Wales by 2026?