- How do you go to work/school?
- Do you use renewable energy at home?
- industry /IN-duh-stree/
- waste /weyst/
- efficient /ih-FISH-uhnt /
- climate /KLAHY-mit/
- approve /uh-PROOV/
[noun] – the companies and activities involved in the process of producing goods for sale, especially in a factory or special area
The industry is facing a serious labor shortage.
[noun] – unwanted matter or material of any type, especially what is left after useful substances or parts have been removed
Farmers feed kitchen waste to the pigs.
[adjective] – working or operating quickly and effectively in an organized way
We offer a fast, friendly, and efficient service.
[noun] – the general weather conditions usually found in a particular place
Climate and weather affect every aspect of our lives.
[verb] – to accept, allow, or officially agree to something
The survey showed that 32% of respondents approve, 54% disapprove and the rest are undecided.
True or False:
- Israel’s government believes that it will have cut carbon emissions by 75 percent.
- The major sources of emissions are transportation, the electrical industry, and city waste.
- The Prime Minister of Israel is Naftali Bennett.
- Paris Climate Agreement is a legally binding international climate agreement signed by more than 100 countries.
- The Paris Climate Agreement has set a short-term objective of reducing emissions by 27% by 2030.
Fill in the blanks:
- People should keep away from the radioactive __________.
- Strawberries grow best in a cool, moist __________.
- The procedure is not fully __________: improvements could be made.
- If the _________ doesn’t modernize it will not survive.
- I _________ of what the government is doing.