- What changes in climate have you noticed in your country?
- How is climate change affecting people?
- carbon /KAHR-buhn/
- prime minister /prahym MIN-uh-ster/
- economy /ih-KON-uh-mee/
- majority /muh-JAWR-i-tee/
- critic /KRIT-ik/
[noun] – a chemical element that exists in its pure form as diamond or graphite, and is an important part of other substances such as coal and oil, as well as being contained in all plants and animals
Carbon emissions are to be reduced as a result of new laws.
[noun] – the leader of the government in some countries
The prime minister admitted that the crisis had been mishandled.
[noun] – the system of trade and industry by which the wealth of a country is made and used
The economy is booming and small businesses are flourishing.
[noun] – the larger number or part of something
The majority of the employees have university degrees.
[noun] – someone who says that they do not approve of someone or something
He had always been a very vocal critic of the president.
On the other hand, Prime Minister Naftali Bennett said the decision would result in a “clean, efficient, and competitive economy” and put Israel at the forefront of the fight against climate change. Israel’s objectives matched those of the 2015 Paris Climate Agreement, a legally binding international climate agreement approved by over 200 countries. It aims to keep global temperatures below 2.0°C over pre-industrial levels, preferably below 1.5°C. The Paris Climate Agreement was signed by Israel. It has set a short-term goal of a 27 percent reduction in emissions by 2030.
- According to Israel’s government, how many percent of carbon emissions will be reduced by the middle of the century?
- Who is Israel’s Prime Minister?
- According to the article, what do critics desire more?
- What would happen if governments around the world did not work on cutting carbon emissions?
- What is the message of Israel’s Prime Minister?
- Do you support Israel’s initiative? Why or why not?
- As an individual, how do you help the environment? Please eplain your answer.
- If you had the authority, would you also pursue to lower carbon emissions? Please elaborate on your answer.
- Do you agree with Prime Minister Naftali Bennett’s idea? Why or why not?
- In your opinion, what is the best way to lessen carbon emissions? Please explain your answer.