©Francois Mori / AP via CNN
- Do you ride a bicycle?
- How long does traffic usually last in your city?
- limit /LIM-it/
- pollution /puh-LOO-shuhn/
- law /law/
- install /in-STAWL/
- against /uh-GENST/
[noun] – the greatest amount, number, or level of something that is either possible or allowed
There is a limit on the number of concert tickets you can buy.
[noun] – damage caused to water, air, etc. by harmful substances or waste
Water pollution is a serious problem in many cities.
[noun] – a rule, usually made by a government, that is used to order the way in which a society behaves
It is important that you follow the law at all times.
[verb] – to put furniture, a machine, or a piece of equipment into position and make it ready to use
He helped me install the kitchen cabinets.
[preposition] – disagreeing with a plan or activity
She is against their decision to move into a new house.
True or False:
- The new speed limit in Paris is 30km/h.
- The change of speed limit took effect on August 30, 2021.
- 91% of the city’s residents were in favor of the new limit.
- 61% of the city’s residents were against the new limit.
- The speed limit was changed to reduce noise pollution.
Fill in the blanks:
- The fish are dying of ________.
- Paul got a ticket for breaking the speed ______.
- Please help me _____ the curtain rods.
- Ana was ______ decision to have the party on Friday.
- Everyone in this country must follow the ______.