- When was your last travel?
- To what country do you want to go when COVID-19 ends?
- encourage /en-KUHR-ij/
- type /tahyp/
- organization /awr-guh-nuh-ZEY-shuhn/
- consist of (something) /kuhn-SIST ov/
- case /keys/
[verb] – to make someone more likely to do something, or to make something more likely to happen
The teacher encourages her students to join the quiz bee.
[noun] – a particular group of people or things that share similar characteristics and form a smaller division of a larger set
There are many types of music, but rock is my favorite.
[noun] – a group of people who work together in an organized way for a shared purpose
The World Health Organization handed food and blankets to the typhoon victims.
[phrasal verb] – to be made of or formed from something
The meal I ordered consists of soup, main course, and dessert.
[noun] – an item or particular matter that is being dealt with as a problem to be solved, or a person considered in this way
The number of cases of the disease has increased.
True or False:
- CDC stands for Centers for Development and Prevention.
- The organization’s travel guideline consists of four categories.
- Puerto Rico and the United States have been added to the highest-risk list of travel locations.
- The places under the Level 4 type have had more than 200 cases per 100,000 residents in the past 28 days.
- CDC advises travelers to get fully vaccinated first if the reason for travel is important.
Fill in the blanks:
- The _______ is collecting donations for the earthquake victims.
- Mary’s winning poetry piece _______ 200 beautiful words.
- My mom always _______ me to be generous.
- More than 20,000 _______ of COVID-19 has been recorded in the country.
- The three _______ of rocks are igneous, sedimentary, and metamorphic.