- Do you like watching videos about discoveries?
- Are you familiar with the human species?
- generation /jen-uh-REY-shuhn/
- previous /PREE-vee-uhs/
- ancient /EYN-shuhnt/
- mix /miks/
- notice /noh-tis /
[noun] – all the people of about the same age within a society or within a particular family
The older generation doesn’t like pop music.
[adjective] – happening or existing before something or someone else
We had met on two previous occasions.
[adjective] – of or from a long time ago, having lasted for a very long time
People have lived in this valley since ancient times.
[noun] – a combination
“She’s a physics and philosophy student.” “That’s a unique mix.”
[verb] – to see or become conscious of something or someone
Do you notice any family likeness between them?
Researchers who find ancient life, such as the “dragon man,” aid in the rewriting of history. We learn more about our little part of the earth as satellites orbit the globe. Here is a remarkable story that has influenced our thinking this year.
Say hello to the dragon man, our species’ newest member, and a newly discovered early human race. The cranium was discovered at the bottom of a well in northeastern China and is between 138,000 and 309,000 years old. The large nose and low brow of Homo longi, as well as the flat and delicate cheekbones of Homo sapiens, were a mix of archaic and modern traits. If you met the dragon guy, you’d notice he has a massive face, deep eyes, large fangs, and a brain that’s about the same size as yours. The finding of this fossil is altering human evolution’s timeline.
True or False:
- The Earth is still full of mysteries.
- The dragon man is a newly discovered early human race.
- The cranium was discovered at the bottom of a well in northeastern China.
- The cranium is between 238,000 and 309,000 years old.
- The dragon guy has a massive face, deep eyes, large fangs, and a brain that’s larger than yours.
Fill in the blanks:
- I __________ a crack in the ceiling.
- People of my __________ all think the same way about this.
- A king in __________ times had many slaves to work for him.
- She learned a lot form her __________ job.
- Patrick’s party drew a diverse __________ of guests.