- revelation /rev-uh-LEY-shuhn/
- disclose /dih-SKLOHZ/
- globe /glohb /
- shift /shift /
- trait /treyt/
[noun] – the act of making something known that was secret, or a fact that is made known
The papers published shocking revelations regarding their personal lives.
[verb] – to make something known publicly, or to show something that was hidden
Science can disclose the mysteries of nature.
[noun] – the world
Magellan was the first person to circumnavigate the globe.
[verb] – (of an idea, opinion, etc.) to change
Over the last century, society’s perceptions regarding humans have shifted dramatically.
[noun] – a particular characteristic that can produce a particular type of behavior
Arrogance is a very unattractive character trait.
Researchers who disclose discoveries about ancient life, such as the “dragon man,” help to rewrite history. We learn more about our piece of the universe as satellites orbit this globe. Astronomers are revealing the secrets of the cosmos as they peer beyond our solar system. Here is an amazing story that has shifted our viewpoints this year.
Say hi to the dragon man, a recently discovered early human race and the newest member of our clan. The cranium was discovered at the bottom of a well in northeastern China and is estimated to be between 138,000 and 309,000 years old. This hominid, known as Homo longi, featured a mix of archaic traits, such as a large nose and low brow, mixed with Homo sapiens’ flat and delicate cheekbones. If you met the dragon man, you’d notice that he has a wide face, deep eyes, large teeth, and a brain that’s about the same size as yours. The discovery of this fossil, as well as others, reported this week, is rewriting human evolution’s history.
- Which human species are you familiar with (Homo habilis, Homo erectus, Homo sapiens)?
- What Earth mystery has just been discovered? Could you share something about it?
- What would you do if you were the one who discovered the cranium of the dragon man?
- Which do you think is more difficult to disclose, space or the depths of the oceans?
- In your opinion, should Homo longi be included in the species of humans? Why or why not?