- What are some of the greatest discoveries do you know?
- What is the importance of these discoveries?
- feature /FEE-cher/
- curiosity /kyoor-ee-OS-i-tee/
- beyond /bee-OND/
- alter /AWL-ter/
- evolution /ev-uh-LOO-shuhn/
[noun] – a typical quality or an important part of something
This is a key feature of our society.
[noun] – an eager wish to know or learn about something
The children looked at their new teacher in curiosity.
[preposition] – outside or after
It won’t go on beyond midnight.
[verb] – to change something, usually slightly, or to cause the characteristics of something to change
It doesn’t alter the way I feel.
[noun] – the way in which living things change and develop over millions of years
Evolution can explain the past, but it can never predict the future.
Researchers who reveal ancient life discoveries, such as the “dragon man,” help rewrite history. As satellites orbit this globe, we learn more about our little corner of the world. As they peek beyond our solar system, astronomers are uncovering the secrets of the cosmos. Here is an incredible story that has changed our minds this year.
Say hello to the dragon man, the newest member of our species and a newly found early human race. The cranium was unearthed in northeastern China at the bottom of a well and is thought to be between 138,000 and 309,000 years old. Homo longi had a combination of archaic features including a wide nose and low brow, as well as Homo sapiens’ flat and delicate cheekbones. You’d notice the dragon guy has a big face, deep eyes, large fangs, and a brain that’s roughly the same size as yours if you met him. The discovery of this fossil is altering the history of human evolution.
- According to the article, what is full of mysteries?
- Who reveal ancient life discoveries, such as the “dragon man,” and help to rewrite history?
- What is the newest member of our species and a newly found early human race?
- Where was the cranium found?
- What is the age of the cranium?
- Which human species are you familiar with (Homo habilis, Homo erectus, Homo sapiens)?
- What Earth mystery has just been discovered? Could you share something about it?
- What would you do if you were the one who discovered the cranium of the dragon man?
- Which do you think is more difficult to disclose, space or the depths of the oceans?
- In your opinion, should Homo longi be included in the species of humans? Why or why not?