- What do you think about shipping products abroad?
- What are the causes of delayed deliveries?
- decline /dih-KLAHYN/
- shortage /shawr-TIJ/
- container /kuhn-TEY-ner/
- guarantee /gar-uhn-TEE/
- acquire /uh-KWAHYUHR/
[noun] – when something becomes less in amount, importance, quality, or strength
There has been a decline in the size of families.
[noun] – a situation in which there is not enough of something
Shortage of water is a growing problem.
[noun] – a very large metal box used for transporting goods
The container was lifted off the ship by a crane.
[verb ] – to promise that something will happen or exist
We can’t guarantee our workers’ regular employment.
[verb ] – to get or buy something
Here is your opportunity to acquire a luxurious one-bedroom home.
Containers that have been abandoned on quaysides for months have become the norm. Furthermore, container costs have risen dramatically. Sending a 40ft container from Asia to Europe costs $17,500 (£12,650), according to George Griffiths, editor of global container markets at S&P Global Platts, which is more than 10 times the cost a year ago. He goes on to claim that certain shipping companies are already charging premium pricing to guarantee delivery within a few weeks and that importers are bidding against one another to get containers ahead of their competitors.
Some huge firms have recently begun to acquire their containers and hire ships in response to shortages. Ikea has stated that to overcome an inventory problem, it has ordered additional containers and chartered ships.
- What were the causes of the huge decline in retail sales?
- What makes transporting containers to their final destinations when they arrive on land more challenging?
- How much does sending a 40ft container from Asia to Europe cost?
- Who is the editor of global container markets at S&P Global Platts?
- What global company has ordered additional containers and chartered ships in response to shortages?
- When was the last time you ordered something online? Could you tell me some details about it?
- Have you tried sending any items abroad? Please tell me more about it.
- Would also acquire your containers and charter ships like Ikea? Why or why not?
- Are you in favor of shipping companies charging premium prices to assure delivery within a few weeks?
- In your opinion, what is the best way to address an inventory shortage?