- Who is your favorite leader? Why?
- Could you give some good qualities of a good leader?
- popularity /pop-yuh-LAR-i-tee/
- host /hohst /
- widely /WAHYD-lee/
- treatment /TREET-muhnt/
- remark /ri-MAHRK/
[noun] – the fact that something or someone is liked, enjoyed, or supported by many people
Since her return from exile two years ago, her popularity has decreased.
[verb] – to provide the space and other things necessary for a special event
Which country will host the Olympic Games in the future?
[adverb] – including a lot of different places, people, subjects, etc.
English used to be widely spoken in this area.
[noun] – the way you deal with or behave toward someone or something
Because Peter knows the boss, he is given special treatment.
[verb] – to give a spoken statement of an opinion or thought
He remarked that she appeared to be weak.
The new prime minister will face severe problems, including economic recovery following the pandemic and coping with North Korean threats. He believes a resolution denouncing China’s treatment of the Uyghur minority should be issued, and he has called for the creation of a “health crisis management agency” to deal with the pandemic. “My skill is to sincerely listen to people,” Mr. Kishida remarked after winning. “I’m dedicated to working with everyone to create an open LDP and a prosperous Japan.”
- What does LDP stand for?
- Who is the head of Japan’s ruling LDP?
- How old is he?
- What are the problems that the new prime minister will face?
- How is Fumio Kishida going to deal with the pandemic?
- Who do you considered the best prime minister of Japan? Please explain your answer.
- Who among the other Japanese politicians would you like to become the next prime minister? Why?
- If you were a prime minister, how would handle the pandemic situation in Japan?
- Do you agree with Fumia Kishida to establish a health crisis management agency to cope with the pandemic?
- What do you think of the decision of Yoshihide Suga to resign after only one year in office?