- resistance /ri-ZIS-tuhns/
- aspire to /uh-SPAHYUHR /
- resolution /rez-uh-LOO-shuhn/
- urge /urj /
- opt /opt /
[noun] – the act of fighting against something that is attacking you, or refusing to accept something
The idea of a united Europe is faced with a lot of resistance.
[verb phrase] – to have a strong wish or hope to do or have something
As a child, he aspired to be a great actor.
[noun] – the act of solving or ending a problem or difficulty
He thought of a successful resolution to the crisis.
[verb ] – to strongly advise or try to persuade someone to do a particular thing
Lawyers will urge the parents to pursue legal action in the future.
[verb] – to make a choice, especially of one thing or possibility instead of others
The majority of people opt to get the surgery.
The incoming prime minister will have to deal with a number of difficult challenges, including post-pandemic economic recovery and dealing with North Korean threats. He supports the concept of issuing a resolution condemning China’s treatment of the Uyghur minority and has urged for the establishment of a “health crisis management agency” to cope with the pandemic. Mr. Kishida said after earning his victory, “My skill is to genuinely listen to people.” “I’m committed to working with everyone to achieve an open LDP and a bright future for Japan.” Mr. Suga opted to resign as Prime Minister after a year in office, citing declining poll ratings as a result of the pandemic’s handling.
- Who do you considered the best prime minister of Japan? Please explain your answer.
- Who among the other Japanese politicians would you like to become the next prime minister? Why?
- If you were a prime minister, how would handle the pandemic situation in Japan?
- Do you agree with Fumia Kishida to establish a health crisis management agency to cope with the pandemic?
- What do you think of the decision of Yoshihide Suga to resign after only one year in office?
- prime minister