- How often do you buy plastic products?
- What things at home do you reuse?
- warm /wawrm /
- impact /IM-pakt/
- carbon footprint /KAHR-buhn FOOT-print/
- long-term /LAWNG-turm/
- minor /MAHY-ner/
[verb] – to (cause to) become warm (= less cold)
With this electric heater, we can quickly warm up the room.
[noun] – a powerful effect that something, especially something new, has on a situation or person
The anti-smoking campaign has and continues to have a significant impact on young people.
[noun] – someone’s carbon footprint is a measurement of the amount of carbon dioxide that their activities produce
We’ve worked with nearby farmers in the hopes of lowering our delivery trucks’ carbon footprint.
[adjective] – continuing a long time into the future
You can see the long-term effects of the drug.
[adjective] – having little importance, influence, or effect, especially when compared with other things of the same type
It requires a few minor adjustments.
As the Future Generations Commissioner for Wales, Sophie Howe’s job is to encourage public bodies and politicians to think about the long-term effects of their decisions. She added that anyone could make a variety of alterations, including some she had done. She also noted making minor adjustments such as avoiding purchasing plastic bottles, refilling glass bottles, and removing her makeup with reusable pads. She also stated that owning an electric car or having kitchen cabinetry made of recycled tires are also possible.
Julie James, the Welsh Minister for Climate Change, has a better awareness of the importance of environmental protection. People might be surprised to find how old a lot of her clothes are and how many appliances she has around her house that have been repaired rather than replaced, according to Ms. James. Also, she added that “little improvements are necessary” and that “more effort can always be done.”
- What is the cause of the warming of our planet?
- What is Sophie Howe’s job?
- How does Howe lessen her carbon footprint?
- According to the article, who is the Welsh Minister for Climate Change?
- Does Julie James purchase appliances for her home every time?
- How do you help in lessening carbon emission in your own little way?
- What policies in your country have been made to help lessen carbon emission? Please elaborate on your answer.
- If you had the money, would you already purchase an electric car? Why or why not?
- Do you agree that we need to raise understanding of the need to safeguard the environment?
- What do you think about fixing things at home instead of replacing them?