- Do you support the use of renewable energy?
- Do you use renewable energy at home?
- percent /per-SENT/
- firm /furm /
- expect /ik-SPEKT/
- operation /op-uh-REY-shuhn/
- climate /KLAY-mit/
[noun] – one part of every 100, or the specified amount of something divided by 100
About 70 percent of the computing company’s revenue comes from business clients.
[noun] – a company or business
She is employed by a local firm that manufactures medical equipment.
[verb] – to think or believe something will happen, or someone will arrive
We were almost expecting you to leave without returning.
[noun] – an act or process of working, doing something, being in action, or having an effect
The construction work will not affect the day-to-day operation of the company.
[noun] – the general weather conditions usually found in a particular place
We plan to move to a warmer climate after we retire.
True or False:
- A new Scottish wind farm is already supplying green electricity to Amazon’s UK operational centers.
- Amazon will buy 100 percent of ScottishPower Renewables’ production to power its data centers.
- By 2025, Amazon expects to be completely powered by renewable energy.
- The supplying of green technology was Amazon’s first operational renewable energy endeavor in the UK.
- Onshore wind is one of the most cost-effective forms of large-scale power generation.
Fill in the blanks:
- Citrus fruits and grapes grow in the Mediterranean __________.
- The bank needed to reduce its workforce by 20 __________.
- She’s just started working for an accounting _________.
- We are _________ a lot of applicants for the job.
- Several printing presses are in _________ at the moment.