©Art Streiber/NBC/NBCU Photo Bank via Getty Images, Terrell Mullin
- Do you like watching musical plays? Why or why not?
- Who are your favorite movie stars?
- version /VUR-zhuhn/
- sought-after /SAWT-af-ter/
- bag /bag/
- iconic /ahy-KON-ik/
- team up /TEEM-uhp/
[noun] – a particular form of something that is slightly different from other forms of the same thing
Here’s the edited version of my speech.
[adjective] – wanted by many people and usually of high quality or rare
ABC Company is a sought-after employer in the country.
[verb] – to get something before other people have a chance to take it
The athlete bagged the gold medal from the swimming competition.
[adjective] – very famous or popular, especially being considered to represent particular opinions or a particular time
“On Wednesdays, we wear pink,” is an iconic line from the “Mean Girls” movie.
[phrasal verb] – to join another person, or form a group with other people, in order to do something together
The marketing and public relations departments will team up on the said company project.
Hollywood Pop star Ariana Grande and British actress Cynthia Erivo are set to play the two main characters in the said Universal Pictures’ movie. Director Jon M Chu, who previously worked on “Crazy Rich Asians” and “In The Heights,” gave a peek of his plans for the film earlier this year. Then on Instagram on November 5, he announced officially that the sought-after roles of Glinda and Elphaba have been bagged by Grande and Erivo. The delightful news was also shared by the two artists with screengrabs from the video call with Chu. Grande, who has also been a longtime fan of the show, posted on Instagram with the caption “thank goodness”—which is also the title of one of her character Glinda’s songs. Erivo’s post, on the other hand, says the iconic line, “Pink goes good with green.” She also shared a photo of Grande’s sweet note attached to a bouquet: “Honored doesn’t even begin to cover it. I cannot wait to hug you. See you in Oz.”
A release date for the movie hasn’t been announced yet, but original writers Stephen Schwartz and Winnie Holzman are reported to team up on the screenplay.
- What characters will Cynthia Erivo and Ariana Grande play in the “Wicked” musical movie?
- What movie production/studio will work on the movie?
- Who will direct the said musical film?
- What did Grande write on her Instagram announcement, which is also a song from the musical?
- What iconic line did Erivo caption to her post?
- What is your favorite film adaptation? Kindly share something about it.
- What Broadway musicals do you know or have you heard of?
- If you had the chance to star in a remake of a famous film, what would it be and why?
- Are musical plays and films enjoyable to watch?
- In your opinion, what makes a good film adaptation?