©BBC via Reuters
- Where do you usually celebrate New Year’s Eve?
- Have you been to New York City?
- crowd /kroud/
- provide /pruh-VAHYD/
- unable /uhn-EY-buhl/
- within /with-IN/
- accompany /uh-KUHM-puh-nee /
[noun] – a large group of people who have come together
There were big crowds at the beach this weekend.
[verb] – to give someone something that they need
You need to provide a copy of your diploma.
[adjective] – to not be able to do something
I was unable to find a new dress for the party.
[preposition] – inside or not further than an area or period of time
The package should reach you within a week.
[verb] – to go with someone
He accompanied her on the trip to the farm.
True or False:
- Bill de Blasio is New York City’s mayor.
- Attendees need to provide proof of vaccination as well as a valid photo ID.
- Children under the age of eight must be accompanied by a vaccinated adult.
- Canada has recorded the highest number of COVID-19 cases globally.
- More details about the 2022 Time Square Ball Drop event will be announced in the coming days according to NYC officials.
Fill in the blanks:
- She needs to complete the project _______ a month.
- Please ______ a copy of your passport.
- Children under 14 must be _________ by an adult.
- _______ filled the streets on St. Patrick’s Day.
- We were _____ to reserve a table at the restaurant.