©BBC via Getty Images
- biographical /bahy-uh-GRAF-i-kuhl/
- acclaimed /uh-KLEYM/
- portray /pawr-TREY/
- influential /in-floo-EN-shuhl /
- franchise /FRAN-chayz/
[adjective] – about someone’s life
You shoud read the biographical note about the author on the back of the book.
[adjective] – attracting public approval and praise
He has published eight highly acclaimed novels.
[verb] – to represent or describe someone or something in a painting, film, book, or other artistic work
Actor Kento Yamazaki has portrayed many different characters.
[adjective] – having a lot of influence on someone or something
I met some influential artists at the museum’s opening event.
[noun] – a series of films that have the same or similar titles and are about the same characters
Most of my friends are fans of the Star Wars franchise.
1. Daniel Radcliffe – Harry Potter
The beloved boy wizard has successfully traded his spectacles and magical ways for serious roles. He can be seen in the horror film The Woman in Black, and the biographical drama Kill Your Darlings.
2. Emma Watson – Hermione Granger
Watson starred in the critically acclaimed movie Perks of Being a Wallflower and portrayed Belle in the live-action remake of Beauty and the Beast. In 2009, she took English literature at Brown University, following the footsteps of her brainy character. She was included in Time Magazine’s 100 most influential people in 2015.
3. Rupert Grint – Ron Weasley
The oldest of the main trio, Grint surprised fans with an appearance in the music video for Ed Sheeran’s Lego House in 2011. He became a father in 2020.
4. Tom Felton – Draco Malfoy
The franchise’s young villain has branched out into TV projects, taking up roles in Murder in the First, and The Flash.
5. Matthew Lewis – Neville Longbottom
Lewis has taken on a number of TV and theatre roles. Responding to the news of the reunion, he posted: “We’re putting the band back together.”
The HBO Max special, titled Return to Hogwarts, will be released on New Year’s day, the network has stated.
- Have you seen the first Harry Potter film? If not, would you like to see it?
- What is the most popular movie franchise in your country? What do you think of it?
- If you were to meet one of the Harry Potter cast, who would it be and what questions would you ask him/her?
- What do you think is the best age to start an acting career?
- In your opinion, what makes a movie successful?