©BBC via Getty Images
- What is the most popular magazine in your country?
- What are some current fashion trends in your city?
- publication /puhb-li-KEY-shuhn/
- agreement /uh-GREE-muhnt/
- consumer /kuhn-SOO-mer/
- pressure /PRESH-er/
- promotion /pruh-MOH-shuhn /
[noun] – a book, magazine, newspaper, or document in which information or stories are published
Laura writes for the student publication.
[noun] – the situation in which people have the same opinion, or in which they approve of or accept something:
Everyone seems to be in agreement with the travel plans.
[noun] – a person who buys goods or services for their own use
Southeast Asians are the top consumers of milk tea.
[noun] – the act of trying to make someone else do something by arguing, persuading, etc.
He received a lot of pressure from his peers.
[noun] – activities to advertise something
I handle our store’s clothing promotions.
Among those that welcomed Elle’s decision has been the animal rights organization People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA). Over the years, the fashion industry has faced pressure from animal rights activists and the public to stop using animal skin. Many brands have already banned fur including Balenciaga, Alexander McQueen, and Saint Laurent. Founded in France in November 1945, Elle is one of the world’s leading fashion and lifestyle publications. “Fur promotions belong only in the back copies of fashion magazines from days gone by,” said Elisa Allen, the group’s UK director. Its remaining editions will apply the change starting 2022.
- What did Elle magazine stop doing?
- Who is the main target of the fashion and luxury industry?
- Which animal rights organization welcomed Elle’s decision?
- What challenge has the fashion industry been facing over the years?
- According to Elisa Allen, where do fur promotions belong?
- Where do you get your style inspiration?
- Do you know anyone who is an animal lover? Do you have a pet?
- If you were an animal rights activist, how can you convince a fashion brand to be fur-free?
- Do you think consumers should always check a product’s label before buying it?
- In your opinion, how can we protect animal rights?