©BBC via Getty Images
- Do you read lifestyle magazines?
- What is your favorite clothing store?
- fur /fur/
- conference /KON-fer-uhns,/
- fashionable /FASH-uh-nuh-buhl/
- luxury /LUHK-shuh-ree/
- pleased /pleezd/
[noun] – the thick hair that covers the bodies of some animals, or the hair-covered skin(s) of animals, removed from their bodies
The child was afraid to touch the dog’s fur.
[noun] – an event, sometimes lasting a few days, at which there is a group of talks on a particular subject, or a meeting in which especially business matters are discussed formally
Greg was late for the conference.
[adjective] – popular at a particular time
Nina thinks floral dresses are fashionable.
[noun] – great comfort, especially as provided by expensive and beautiful things
He bought her a luxury item for her birthday.
[adjective] – happy or satisfied
I was pleased with the results of the project.
True or False:
- Elle has become the second international magazine to put an end to the use of animal fur across all of its pages.
- According to Elle’s senior executive, the change was in support of animal rights.
- Older people are the top customers of fashion and luxury stores.
- PETA stands for People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals.
- Elle is one of the world’s most popular fashion novels.
Fill in the blanks:
- The singer was ______ to meet all her fans.
- I think colorful dresses are _______.
- More than 2,000 people will attend the ________.
- They stopped selling coats made of animal ______.
- There’s a new store that sells ______ bags from Spain.