- Do you currently have a job?
- What was your dream job?
- unlucky /uhn-LUHK-ee/
- employment /em-PLOI-muhnt/
- immediately /ih-MEE-dee-it-lee/
- benefit /BEN-uh-fit/
- method /METH-uhd/
[adjective] – not lucky
This has been an unlucky year for me.
[noun] – the fact of someone being paid to work for a company or organization
My sister was offered employment in the sales department.
[adverb] – now or without waiting or thinking
He fell asleep immediately after coming home from school.
[noun] – (usually plural) something such as a pension or health insurance that an employee receives in addition to their salary
The company offers medical benefits to all its workers.
[noun] – a particular way of doing something
What’s the best method to grow tomatoes?
True or False:
- The 900 employees were laid off in a Google Meet call.
- The meeting was five minutes long.
- The 900 employees were terminated immediately on Wednesday, December 1.
- The employees who have been laid off will receive one month’s pay and three months’ worth of benefits.
- One of the laid-off employees preferred to have individual meeting rooms during the termination.
Fill in the blanks:
- I’m currently looking for _______. I badly need a job.
- The management is cutting employee _______. They’re short on budget right now.
- The new _______ is better than the old one.
- We were a bit _______ during our trip to Scotland. The weather was bad.
- We need to leave _______. The store will close in a few minutes.