- At what age do people in your country usually retire from work?
- What are the top jobs in your country?
- market efficiency /MAHR-kit ih-FISH-uhn-see/
- terminate /TUR-muh-neyt/
- human resources /YOO-muhn REE-sor-suhz/
- investor /uhn-VEH-str/
- hint /hint/
[noun] – a situation in which a financial market operates well, for example where customers have enough information about products, prices are related to supply and demand, etc.
The market efficiency from our services maintains positive results.
[verb] – to remove someone from their job
He was terminated for breach of contract.
[noun] – the department of an organization that deals with finding new employees, keeping records about all the organization’s employees, and helping them with any problems
If you have any concerns about your documents, please let human resources know.
[noun] – a person or group of people that puts its money into a business or other organization in order to make a profit
Please schedule a meeting with our investors by next week.
[noun] – something that you say or do that shows what you think or want, usually in a way that is not direct
She gave a broad hint to her managers that she already has plans on leaving.
A laid-off employee from the Zoom call shared that Garg’s procedure of firing hundreds of workers was “jarring.” “It seemed like he could have had a better way to go about it,” he said. “Maybe in individual rooms with HR people.” The firm received a $750 million cash inflow from its investors the day before the layoffs. Kevin Ryan, the company’s chief financial officer, presented the cash advance and layoffs as a “win” for the company. The termination, according to the laid-off employee, was a hint that the company needed “capital urgently.”
- How were the 900 employees laid off?
- Who is the CEO of the digital mortgage company mentioned in the article?
- According to the article, what will the laid-off employees receive?
- What was the laid-off employee’s opinion on the termination process?
- How did Kevin Ryan present the cash advance they received?
- Do you know anyone who was laid off from work? Please tell me more about it.
- In which situations do companies in your country lay off their workers?
- If you were one of the laid-off employees by CEO Vishal Garg, how would you react and what would your plans be?
- In your opinion, is it appropriate to lay off employees in a single conference call or meeting?
- What benefits should laid-off employees receive?