- Do you have a Twitter account?
- How much time do you spend on social media?
- rule /rool/
- permission /per-MISH-uhn/
- private /PRAHY-vit/
- prevent /pri-VENT/
- take (something) into consideration /teyk-IN-too-kuhn-sid-uh-REY-shuhn/
[noun] – a statement that tells you what is or is not allowed in a particular game, situation, and others
We must always follow the school rules.
[noun] – if someone is given permission to do something, they are allowed to do it
You need to ask your dad’s permission before you can go with us.
[adjective] – only for one person or group and not for everyone
Private information should not be shared on social media.
[verb] – to stop something from happening or someone from doing something
Please label your suitcases to prevent confusion.
[idiom] – to think about something before one makes a decision or forms an opinion
Before you leave the group, take into consideration what your teammates will feel.
True or False:
- Twitter’s new privacy rules will remove photos and videos of people posted on the app without their permission.
- However, posting people’s addresses and phone numbers is allowed on the app.
- The new rules aim to prevent bullying on social media.
- Twitter will remove the private photos/videos immediately without any notice.
- The rule does not apply to emergency situations.
Fill in the blanks:
|rule||permission||private||prevent||take into consideration|
- Who gave you the ________ to use my phone?
- The _______ of the game are quite simple.
- The police ________ and detect crime.
- We are not allowed to read Mr. Lopez’s ________ mails.
- We must also _______ the quality of these cheap items.