©BBC via SQUARE ENIX
- What are some popular video games in your country?
- Who is your favorite video game character?
- develop /dih-VEL-uhp /
- publish /PUHB-lish/
- adventure /ad-VEN-cher/
- explore /ik-SPLAWR/
- experienced /ik-SPEER-ee-uhnstd/
[verb] – to invent something or bring something into existence
My uncle developed his own company in the 1980s.
[verb] – to produce and sell a book, magazine, or newspaper
Rupert’s dream is to publish a comic book.
[noun] – an unusual, exciting, and possibly dangerous activity, such as a trip or experience
I would like to go on an adventure in Ireland.
[verb] – to search and discover (about something)
Karen and I are going to explore three towns next week.
[adjective] – having skill or knowledge because you have done something many times
Mina is an experienced pianist.
The original movies – starring Angelina Jolie – introduced Croft to the masses. But Dallas Dickinson, Crystal Dynamics’ executive producer for Tomb Raider, thinks it’s the series’ effort to create an “origin” story for the character that has made her more relatable to many people. The latest three games – Tomb Raider, Rise of the Tomb Raider, and Shadow of the Tomb Raider, released in 2013, 2015, and 2018 respectively – explore the adventures of a younger, less experienced Lara.
What’s next for Tomb Raider? According to Dallas, Crystal Dynamics has not yet talked about any details of what the next games might contain. “It would be foolish to think that we’re doing all of this work to unify the timelines without future products in mind,” he said.
True or False:
- Lara Croft is one of the gaming world’s most popular female characters,.
- The games have sold over 85 million copies in the U.S.
- The original movies introduced Lara Croft to the masses.
- Dallas Dickinson is from Crystal Dynamics.
- Crystal Dynamics has already talked about the details of the next Tomb Raider games.
Fill in the blanks:
- Ben dreams of an ______ in the mountains.
- The store is looking for an ______ baker.
- Let’s _____ the new museum.
- I would like to _____ a video game in the future.
- They _____ an online article about Japanese desserts.