©BBC via SQUARE ENIX
- What are some popular gaming devices in your country?
- How often do you play video or mobile games?
- leading /LEE-ding/
- highly /HAHY-lee/
- treasure /TREZH-er /
- decade /DEK-eyd/
- worldwide /WURLD-WAHYD/
[adjective] – very important or most important
He is a leading expert on technology.
[adverb] – very, to a large degree, or at a high level
The company needs highly skilled workers.
[noun] – very valuable things, usually in the form of a store of precious metals, precious stones, or money
The children found a treasure in the backyard.
[noun] – a period of ten years
Joan has been working as a bank teller for a decade.
[adverb] – existing or happening in all parts of the world
The company has 36 stores worldwide.
The original movies – starring Angelina Jolie – introduced Croft to the masses. But Dallas Dickinson, Crystal Dynamics’ franchise executive producer for Tomb Raider, thinks it’s the series’ latter effort to create an “origin” story for the character that has made her so much more relatable to many people. The latest three games – Tomb Raider, Rise of the Tomb Raider, and Shadow of the Tomb Raider, released in 2013, 2015, and 2018 respectively – explore the adventures of a younger, less experienced Lara.
What’s next for Tomb Raider? According to Dallas, Crystal Dynamics has not yet talked about any details of what the next games might contain. “it would be foolish to think that we’re doing all of this work to unify the timelines without future products in mind,” he said.
- Who is one of the gaming world’s first leading ladies?
- Who developed the original Tomb Raider games?
- How many copies have the games sold since the 1990s?
- What introduced Lara Croft to the masses?
- What do the latest three games explore?
- What was the first game you ever played?
- Describe the origin of your favorite character.
- If you were a video game creator, what kind of character would you like to create? Describe him/her.
- Do you think today’s video games are better than video games from the 80s and 90s?
- In your opinion, what makes video games fun and entertaining?