- Do you drink tea or coffee in the morning?
- How long do you prepare your tea or coffee?
- ingredient /in-GREE-dee-UHNT/
- natural /NACH-er-uhl/
- typical /TIP-i-kuhl /
- provide /pruh-VAHYD/
- attention /uh-TEN-shuhn/
[noun] – a food that is used with other foods in the preparation of a particular dish
Almond is an important ingredient in this dessert.
[adjective] – as found in nature and not involving anything made or done by people
The new store offers natural foods.
[adjective] – showing all the characteristics that you would usually expect from a particular group of things
Boiled egg, onions, and seaweed are the typical toppings of ramen.
[verb] – to give someone something that they need
This protein shake provides energy.
[noun] – notice, thought, or interest
You have to pay attention during the meeting.
1. Chai latte
Made with black tea, this drink is full of antioxidants. Chai also has ginger, cinnamon, cloves, and black pepper. It is best to use a natural sweetener like maple syrup or honey.
2. Peppermint hot chocolate
Your typical hot chocolate can provide health benefits when added with peppermint. Like ginger, peppermint can help fight digestive problems. Use cocoa powder and maple syrup for a sweeter taste. You can also add marshmallows to the recipe.
3. Matcha latte
Known as the “highest quality tea,” matcha is rich in an antioxidant known as EGCG. According to a study, this tea may improve attention. The milk in this latte provides a proper amount of vitamin D.
Forget the soda and other unhealthy drinks. During this cold season, try these delicious beverages that are easy to make. Don’t forget to enjoy these recipes with your loved ones.
True or False:
- Chai latte is made with black tea.
- Peppermint can help fight digestive problems.
- You can add marshmallows to a peppermint hot chocolate recipe.
- Chai latte is known as the “highest quality tea”.
- Matcha is rich in an antioxidant known as EBCG.
Fill in the blanks:
- Oily fish ______ vitamin D.
- I think this dish is missing an ________.
- These house plants need your ______.
- We should buy _____ products for our health.
- I would like to have a ______ American breakfast.