- Do you donate to charities?
- Who is your favorite international music artist?
- donate /DOH-neyt/
- rare /rair/
- sign /sahyn/
- collection /kuh-LEK-shuhn/
- emergency /ih-MUR-juhn-see/
[verb] – to give money or goods to help a person or organization
She donated food and clothes to the street children.
[adjective] – not common or frequent; very unusual
Those flowers are very rare in our country.
[verb] – write one’s name on (a letter, card, or similar item) to identify oneself as the writer or sender
Your order has been placed. Please sign on this part.
[noun] – a group of objects of one type that have been collected by one person or in one place
My mother has a huge collection of bags.
[noun] – a serious, unexpected, and often dangerous situation requiring immediate action
Please call this number immediately in case of emergency.
True or False:
- Musicians are set to donate their personal collections for a charity event on January 15.
- The event is being organized by Julien’s Auctions and MusiCares.
- BTS will donate the collection of suits they wore at the 2021 Grammy Awards.
- Paul McCartney and Harry Styles are set to offer up their personal signed drumsets.
- The earnings from the charity event will support physical and mental health, addiction recovery, unforeseen personal emergencies, and disaster assistance.
Fill in the blanks:
- He has a wide _________ of romantic novels.
- His friends are willing to ________ blood for his illness.
- The museum is full of _______ treasures.
- It is important to keep calm in a/an _________.
- Mr. Lopez needs to _______ these documents.