- What charitable organizations do you know?
- Who are some best-selling music artists in your country?
- offer up /AW-fer-uhp/
- charity /CHAR-i-tee/
- found /found/
- participate /pahr-TIS-uh-peyt/
- aid /eyd/
[phrasal verb] – to provide something that is intended to impress, please, or satisfy someone
I vowed to offer up my life for our country.
[noun] – the voluntary giving of help, typically in the form of money, to those in need
I will donate my old clothes to the charity.
[verb] – to bring something into existence
The medical institution was founded in 1920.
[verb] – to take part in or become involved in an activity
Several students participated in the competition.
[verb] – to help or support
All of the donations will aid everyone affected by the typhoon in the country.
MusiCares, a non-profit organization founded in 1989 gathers musicians to “focus the resources and attention of the music industry on human service issues.” Among the items available at the charity event are BTS’ suits worth almost $50,000, which they wore at the 2021 Grammy Awards. A ’56 Epiphone Les Paul Pro electric guitar signed by BTS members RM, j-hope, Jimin, V, Jung Kook, Jin, and SUGA, and a trio of rings from j-hope’s personal collection will also be offered up. Meanwhile, McCartney and Styles will both participate with their own signed instruments, a Hofner B-Bass Hi Series violin bass guitar, and a Gibson ES-335 acoustic-electric, respectively. Proceeds from the charity event will aid in the support system for “physical and mental health, addiction recovery, unforeseen personal emergencies, and disaster assistance.”
- What type of items would be offered up at the charity auction on January 30?
- Which two organizations are teaming up for this event?
- Aside from a signed guitar and j-hope’s rings, what else is BTS giving for the charity event?
- What kind of guitar is Paul McCartney devoting to the fundraising event?
- Where would the charity event’s proceeds go?
- Are there any charities in your town/city? Please tell me more about them.
- Have you ever worked for a charity? If yes, please tell me more about it. If not, please share what charities you would like to partake in the future.
- If you were to auction off one of your personal collections for charity, what would it be and why?
- Are you satisfied with the work charities do?
- Do you agree with the saying “charity begins at home?” Why or why not?