©BBC via GETTY IMAGES
- What is the most popular fast food brand in your country?
- Do you like chicken nuggets?
- offer /AW-fer/
- grill /gril/
- reduce /ri-DOOS/
- increase /IN-krees/
- willing /WIL-ing/
[verb] – to provide or supply something
That restaurant offers a discount on desserts every Friday.
[noun] – a frame of metal bars over a fire on which food can be put to be cooked
My dad bought a new grill for our summer camp.
[verb] – to become or to make something become smaller in size, amount, degree, importance, etc.
Dona plans to reduce her spending this month.
[noun] – a rise in the amount or size of something
There was an increase in the price of gas last week.
[adjective] – to be happy to do something if it is needed
Gary is willing to teach the children how to play football.
True or False:
- Burger King’s goal is to make its menu 50% meat-free by 2030.
- Burger King’s vegan nuggets are made up of soy and plant proteins.
- In a vegan diet, you can eat fruits, vegetables, soy, legumes, and nuts.
- There has been a small increase in the number of vegans between 2014 and 2019 in the UK.
- According to a study by Mintel, 1,000 adults in England are willing to eat more meat.
Fill in the blanks:
- The ______ was too heavy to carry.
- Morgan is ______ to walk to school every morning.
- The nurse gave the patient medicine to ______ his pain.
- He noticed an ______ in the number of milk tea shops.
- The restaurant does not _______ free delivery.