©Josh Wardle via powerlanguage
- What are some popular word games in your country?
- Do you enjoy solving puzzles?
- solve /solve/
- challenging /CHAL-in-jing /
- encourage /en-KUR-ij/
- totally /TOHT-l-ee /
- charge /chahrj/
[verb] – to find an answer to a problem
Ben helped me to solve the word problem.
[adjective] – difficult, in a way that tests your ability or determination
Ronald finds his homework challenging.
[verb] – to make someone more likely to do something, or to make something more likely to happen
Sheena always encourages me to join dancing contests.
[adverb] – completely
Reena totally agrees with Marty’s opinion.
[noun] – the amount of money that you have to pay for something, especially for an activity or service
There is no extra charge for damaged books.
Wordle goes like this: first, you choose any five-letter word and type it out into the grid. Any incorrect letter pops up in grey. Correct letters turn yellow, and if the letter is also in the right place it turns green. Users have six tries to guess the word.
If you’re up to the challenge, Wardle posts a new game every 24 hours on a website he created. Don’t worry! You don’t have to create an account because the game is totally free of charge. Head on to the website now! Good luck!
True or False:
- Josh Wardle created Wordle for his cousin.
- Wordle has attracted 300,000 players as of January 9, 2022.
- The first step in the game is to choose any five-letter word.
- The incorrect letter in the game pops up in green.
- Wordle is free of charge.
Fill in the blanks:
- Mina always ________ me to learn French.
- Our math teacher gave us a _________ task.
- My friend helped me to _______ the puzzle.
- Today’s parking is free of _______.
- Mandy was _______ surprised with all her Christmas gifts.