©Josh Wardle via powerlanguage
- How do you usually spend your free time?
- How often do you play internet games?
- clue /kloo/
- obsession /uhb-SESH-uhn/
- invention /in-VEN-shuhn/
- reveal /ri-VEEL/
- patience /PEY-shuhns/
[noun] – a sign or some information that helps you to find the answer to a problem, question, or mystery
I need to study the clues to solve this puzzle.
[noun] – something or someone that you think about all the time
Elle has a chocolate obsession.
[noun] – something that has never been made before, or the process of creating something that has never been made before
She presented her invention to the whole community.
[verb] – to make known or show something that is surprising or that was previously secret
They will be revealing the winner on Monday.
[noun] – the ability to wait, or to continue doing something despite difficulties, or to suffer without complaining or becoming annoyed
You need patience to complete this task.
Wordle goes like this: first, you choose any five-letter word and type it out into the grid. Any incorrect letter pops up in grey. Correct letters turn yellow, and if the letter is also in the right place it turns green. Users have six tries to guess the word. On Twitter, thousands of players have shared their scores, revealing how many, or how few, tries it took them to solve the puzzle and in what order.
If you’re up to the challenge, Wardle posts a new game every 24 hours on a website he created. Don’t worry! You don’t have to create an account because the game is totally free of charge. Just bring your A-game and a whole lot of patience.
- For whom did Josh Wardle create the word game Wordle?
- How many players has Wordle attracted as of January 9, 2022.
- What is the first step in playing Wordle?
- How would you know if the letter in the game is incorrect?
- Where does Josh Wardle post the game?
- Have you tried playing a word game? If not, would you like to try Wordle?
- What are some of your country’s traditional games? Please describe them.
- If you were to invent an online word game, what would it be like?
- If Wordle reaches a billion players, should its creator charge the people money?
- In your opinion, are internet games better than traditional games? Please explain your answer.