- Do you like traveling?
- Where do you usually travel during holidays?
- abundant /uh-BUHN-duhnt/
- pale /peyl/
- vibrant /VAHY-bruhnt/
- gorgeous /GAWR-juhs/
- lush /luhsh/
[adjective] – more than enough
Shinano River has an abundant amount of fish.
[adjective] – a pale light or color is not bright or strong
The walls in the kitchen are painted a pale green.
[adjective] – vibrant color or light is bright and strong
The trees bring out a vibrant color in the park.
[adjective] – very beautiful or pleasant
This dress is gorgeous! I’ll buy one.
[adjective] – a lush area has a lot of green, healthy plants, grass, and trees
The hill is covered in lush trees and plants.
Surfers enjoy the curving sky blue barrels at Siargao’s Cloud 9 break.
On Kalanggaman Island, off the coast of Leyte, the waves change from pale blue to vibrant violet as they deepen around the island’s white sandbar. Sand also helps in enhancing the waters’ colors. Crimson coral marks the light sand near the high-water level on Sila Island in the south as a gorgeous pink. On a four-kilometer stretch of Boracay’s famous White Beach, you’ll find a deep blue harmony of waves and a traditional off-white beach.
These tropical islands are also sprinkled with shades of green. In the lush hills of the Cagayan Valley in Luzon, you’ll see the stunning shades of tiny rice shoots. Farmers in Bicol, far to the southeast, cultivate pale yellow fields in the shadow of Mount Mayon.
Pack your bags, ready your camera, and set out on a photo adventure on this colorful island.
True or False:
- The Philippines has 6,741 islands.
- The waves change from pale blue to bright violet on Kalanggaman Island.
- Sand helps in enhancing the colors of the waters.
- Boracay’s White Beach is three kilometers long.
- Farmers in Bicol cultivate yellow fields in the shadow of Mount Mayon.
Fill in the blanks:
- I’m wearing a _______ blue shirt. Where are you?
- He is known for using _______ colors in his paintings. They all look very bright.
- You will see many _______ green valleys in this area.
- Don’t worry. We still have an _______ supply of food.
- The bride looks absolutely _______ in her wedding dress.