©Jane Wynyard/Save The Elephants (STE)
- What is your favorite animal?
- Could you give three (3) words that describe elephants?
- twin /twin/
- calf /kahf/
- discover /dih-SKUHV-er/
- difficult /DIF-i-kuhlt/
- population /pop-yuh-LEY-shuhn/
[noun] – either of two children born to the same mother on the same occasion
The mother just gave birth to twins.
[noun] – a young cow, or the young of various other large mammals such as elephants and whales
The calves were fed by Mr. McDonald.
[verb] – to find information, a place, or an object, especially for the first time
Alexander Graham Bell was the one who discovered the telephone.
[adjective] – not easy or simple
Mike is having a difficult time healing from his wife’s death.
[noun] – all the people or animals living in a particular country, area, or place
Research says that the birds’ population in the world is between 50 billion and 430 billion.
True or False:
- The twin elephants were seen in a zoo in Angola, Africa.
- EWC stands for Elephant World Camp.
- Before the recently discovered twins, Save the Elephants (STE) saw the first set 15 years ago.
- STE founder Iain Douglas-Hamilton said that this is a smooth and unchallenging time for the twins.
- The mother of the two baby elephants is named Bora.
Fill in the blanks:
- The microscope was ________ by Zacharias Janssen.
- My _______ brother and I have got the same nose and eyes.
- Luckily, the _______ escaped from the hunter.
- During this ________ time, our friendship makes everything hopeful.
- Sadly, the _______ of blue whales decreased to less than 25,000.