- participant /AP-li-kuhnt/
- scan /skan/
- notion /NOH-shuhn/
- widespread /WAHYD-SPRED/
- innovative /IN-uh-vey-tiv/
[noun] – a person who takes part in or becomes involved in a particular activity
She has been an active participant in the debate.
[verb] – to look at something carefully, with the eyes or with a machine, in order to get information
She scanned the faces of the men getting off the train.
[noun] – a belief or idea
We each have a notion of just what kind of person we’d like to be.
[adjective] – existing or happening in many places and/or among many people
There are reports of widespread flooding in the country.
[adjective] – using new methods or ideas
She was an imaginative and innovative leader.
The trial, which was carried out in collaboration with Conwy Council and the Welsh government, discovered that it might provide homeowners with more choice and flexibility in terms of how and when they recycle. The system discovered that 73 percent of the 237 households in the pilot “participated fully” by scanning every bottle during the four-week period. However, any wider implementation, according to the research, would need to ensure that households without appropriate technology could still participate. “WRAP Cymru is pleased to have been involved with this innovative work investigating the possibility of using the well-established recycling collections already provided by Welsh councils as part of a deposit return scheme,” said Emma Hallett, of WRAP Cymru’s Collaborative Change Program.”
- Do you recycle things at home? Could you tell me more about it?
- Do you have a law in your country that encourages recycling? Could you please more about it?
- What would you tell the children of this generation to encourage them to recycle? Please elaborate on your answer.
- Do you agree that households without appropriate technology should participate in this initiative?
- What do you think of the cash for recycling method? Please explain your answer.