- Are you familiar with the countries in Central Asia?
- Have you experienced a blackout?
- electricity /ih-lek-TRIS-i-tee/
- traffic jam /TRAF-ik jam/
- access /AK-ses/
- heating /HEE-tuhng/
- equipment /ih-KWIP-muhnt/
[noun] – a form of energy that can be produced in several ways and that provides power to devices that create light, heat, etc.
I already paid our electricity bill.
[noun] – a large number of vehicles close together and unable to move or moving very slowly
They will be late because they were caught in a traffic jam.
[noun] – the right or opportunity to use or look at something
The hotel offers free internet access to guests.
[noun] – the system that keeps a building warm
We need an apartment with a good heating system.
[noun] – the set of necessary tools, clothing, etc. for a particular purpose
Max went out to buy some office equipment.
True or False:
- A power blackout hit cities in three Southeast Asian countries.
- The power cut resulted in flight delays.
- Few people lost access to tap water and heating.
- Hospitals had to rely on generators to keep important equipment running.
- Amirsoy is Uzbekistan’s largest ski resort.
Fill in the blanks:
- The weather is usually warm, so we do not turn on the central _______.
- Some countries do not have ________ to clean water.
- The snow caused a _________ in the city last week.
- They need to turn off the _________ for two hours.
- Anna bought some new photography __________.