- What are the major electric companies in your country?
- Do you use a heater during the winter season?
- nation /NEY-shuhn /
- link /lingk/
- enable /en-EY-buhl/
- resident /REZ-i-duhnt/
- critical /KRIT-i-kuhl /
[noun] – a country, especially when thought of as a large group of people living in one area with their own government, language, traditions, etc
The entire nation is celebrating the Olympic wins.
[noun] – to connect two objects or places physically
Turkey is linked to many Asian continents.
[verb] – to make someone able to do something, or to make something possible
This website enables students to read interesting articles.
[noun] – a person who lives or has their home in a place
Mr. Sloan is a resident of Oklahoma.
[adjective] – of the greatest importance to the way things might happen
You need to send the critical documents by Monday.
The power grids of the three countries are interconnected and linked to Russia’s network through a Soviet-built power line that runs through Kazakhstan. It enables them to source power from Russia’s grid when there are sudden shortages. Outages were reported in Almaty, Kazakhstan’s largest city, and several cities in Kyrgyzstan and Uzbekistan. Many residents lost access to tap water, heating, petrol pumps, and the internet, based on a report by a news agency. Hospitals had to rely on generators to keep critical equipment working and some underground trains were left stuck in tunnels. Moreover, skiers were reportedly left on a cable car at Amirsoy, Uzbekistan’s largest ski resort. Kazakhstan has experienced power shortages before, following the success of crypto-currency mining – the process by which transactions are verified and new “coins” are created.
- Which countries suffered from a major power outage last January 25, 2022?
- What was the result of the power cut?
- How did hospitals keep their critical equipment working?
- What happened to the underground tunnels?
- What happened to the skiers in Amirsoy?
- Have you experienced a blackout? If yes, did you get any alerts or warnings from your government?
- How would you describe the electric power industry in your country?
- What should you do during a power outage?
- Should countries in Central Asia improve their emergency response plans?
- Why do you think disaster preparedness is important?