- What time do you usually wake up in the morning?
- What do you usually eat for breakfast?
- traditional /truh-DISH-uh-nl /
- hole /howl/
- option /OP-shuhn/
- typical /TIP-i-kuhl /
- energy /EN-er-jee/
[adjective] – following or belonging to the customs or ways of behaving that have continued in a group of people or society for a long time without changing
Mooncake is a traditional cake eaten during the Mid-Autumn Festival.
[noun] – an empty space in an object
The sourdough bread I made has many large holes.
[noun] – one thing that can be chosen from a set of possibilities, or the freedom to make a choice
Cheesecake is one of the options for dessert.
[adjective] – showing all the characteristics that you would usually expect from a particular group of things
Lasagna is a typical Italian dish.
[noun] – the power and ability to be physically and mentally active
Iced coffee gives me energy in the morning.
Breakfast in Ethiopia is a traditional porridge called Genfo. It is made with barley, wheat, and cornflour and has a hole in its center, which is filled with butter and a spice called berbere.
David B. Townsend via Unsplash©
“Brekkie” for Australians focuses on fresh ingredients. Options for the morning include the classic avocado toast, a farro bowl with a poached egg and pickled vegetables, or rice pudding with yogurt, seeds, and berries.
A morning in Brazil calls for Bolo de fuba, a moist and creamy cornbread-style cake. Parmesan cheese is usually added to it.
You can expect fresh soy milk, dough fritters, and scallion pancakes from a typical Taiwanese breakfast.
©Gabriella Clare Marino via Unsplash
Italians usually pair their coffee with Sfogliatelle, a crunchy and flaky pastry with a sweet ricotta cheese filling.
Try these breakfast ideas that would surely fill you with energy for the rest of your day!
True or False:
- Genfo is a traditional porridge from Ethiopia.
- Australians usually eat a cornbread-style cake for breakfast.
- Bolo de fuba has a hole in its center.
- Soy milk is not part of a typical Taiwanese breakfast.
- Italians usually pair their coffee with a grilled cheese sandwich.
Fill in the blanks:
- This cheese from France has many ______.
- She wore a ______ dress for New Year’s Eve.
- Avocado is a great source of ________.
- I would like to eat a ______ American lunch.
- The store offers many fresh food ________.