- What time do you usually eat breakfast?
- What restaurant/cafe in your city offers the best breakfast menu?
- wildly /wahyld-lee/
- highlight /HAHY-lahyt /
- consist of something /kuhn-SIST-of/
- upgrade /uhp-GREYD/
- delightful /dih-LAHYT-fuhl /
[adverb] – in an uncontrolled or extreme way
Internet companies are growing wildly across the globe.
[noun] – the best or most exciting, entertaining, or interesting part of something
The highlight of our trip was the boat ride.
[phrasal verb] – to be made of or formed from something
The meal consisted of grilled fish and potato stew.
[verb] – to improve the quality or usefulness of something, or change it for something newer or of a better standard
He upgraded the pasta dish with some herbs and cream.
[adjective] – very pleasant, attractive, or enjoyable
We had a delightful time at the amusement park.
Breakfast in Ethiopia is a traditional porridge called Genfo. Made with barley, wheat, and cornflour, the highlight of this porridge is the hole in its center, which is filled with butter and a spice called berbere.
©Dabvid B. Townsend via Unsplash
“Brekkie” for Australians focuses on fresh ingredients. Options for the morning include the classic avocado toast, a farro bowl with a poached egg and pickled vegetables, or rice pudding with yogurt, seeds, and berries.
A morning in Brazil calls for Bolo de fuba, a moist and creamy cornbread-style cake. Grated Parmesan cheese or shredded coconut is usually added to it.
The typical Taiwanese breakfast consists of fresh soy milk, scallion pancakes, and dough fritters. This meal is enough to fill you up for the rest of the day.
©Gabriella Clare Marino
Italians usually pair their coffee with Sfogliatelle, a crunchy and flaky multilayered pastry with a sweet ricotta cheese filling.
Upgrade your breakfast with these energy-boosting recipes! You deserve a delightful morning after all.
- What is the highlight of Ethiopia’s Genfo porridge?
- What are some breakfast options in Australia?
- What is usually added to Brazil’s Bolo de fuba?
- What can you expect from a typical Taiwanese breakfast?
- How is Sfogliatelle described in the article?
- Have you tried improving your morning routine? Why or why not?
- Describe the typical breakfast in your country.
- If you were to create a breakfast combination with the foods mentioned in the article, which would you choose, and why?
- Do you agree that breakfast is the most important meal of the day?
- In your opinion, is food the best way to get to know a culture? Please explain your answer.