- Do you like to study history?
- What is your favorite historical event?
- result /ri-ZUHLT/
- opportunity /op-er-TOO-ni-tee/
- difficulty /DIF-i-kuhl-tee/
- face /feys/
- switch /swich/
[noun] – something that happens or exists because of something else
The road has been widened, yet the result has only made the traffic heavier.
[noun] – an occasion or situation that makes it possible to do something that you want to do or have to do, or the possibility of doing something
Everyone will be given an opportunity to comment.
[noun] – a problem
I teach children with learning difficulties
[verb] – if you face a problem, or a problem faces you, you have to deal with it
This is only one of the many issues that working mothers face.
[verb] – to change suddenly or completely from one thing to another, or to exchange one person or thing with another
Jeff decided to switch from engineering to medicine as his major.
True or False:
- Japan celebrates National Foundation Day on February 11th.
- Emperor Jimmu founded Japan in 660 B.C.
- National Foundation Day is also known as Kenkoku Kinen No Hi.
- Emperor Jimmu was born in Miyazaki Prefecture on the island of Kyushu.
- Emperor Jimmu was regarded as the only fearless ruler in history.
Fill in the blanks:
- He realized that he was not happy with his hob, so he __________ to another after a month.
- What was the __________ of the war?
- We are very pleased to have the __________ to meet you.
- He finally solved the traffic __________.
- Passengers could __________ long delays.