©Studio Ghibli via CNN
- What is your favorite Ghibli film?
- Do you own any Ghibli-inspired products?
- area /AIR-ee-uh /
- stroll /strohl/
- discover /dih-SKUHV-er/
- main /meyn/
- purchase /PUR-chuhs/
[noun] – a particular part of a place, piece of land, or country
That area is strictly for students only.
[noun] – a slow relaxed walk, especially for pleasure
Let’s take a stroll along the beach this morning!
[verb] – to find information, a place, or an object, especially for the first time
I discovered a bookshop at 38th street.
[adjective] – larger, more important, or having more influence than others of the same type
Asian architecture is our main topic for today’s class.
[verb] – to buy something
I purchased some toys online to give my cousin.
According to Studio Ghibli, the park has three areas where you can “take a stroll, feel the wind, and discover the wonders.” The main area is Ghibli’s Grand Warehouse which brings to life The Robot Soldier from “Castle in the Sky.” The second area, “Hill of Youth,” features the antique shop from “Whisper of the Heart.” The third is Dondoko Forest where you can find Satsuki and Mei’s house from “My Neighbor Totoro.” Two more areas featuring the Mononoko Village from “Princess Mononoke” and some parts from “Howl’s Moving Castle” are going to open after 2023.
As for the ticket fee and whether you can purchase Kiki’s broom, excited fans can only wait for answers. Studio Ghibli regularly posts updates on its official Twitter account. Meanwhile, you can also binge-watch Miyazaki’s beloved films as you wait for fall to arrive.
True or False:
- The new Studio Ghibli park will open in spring 2022.
- Ghibli park has a lot of heart-stopping rides.
- You can find The Robot Soldier from “Castle in the Sky” at Ghibli’s Grand Warehouse.
- The second area features the antique shop from “Whisper of the Heart.”
- Two more areas are going to open after 2023.
Fill in the blanks:
- Rosa and I went for an early morning ______ at the park.
- This house has a huge dining ________.
- Tali _______ a teddy bear from the online store.
- We _______ an old record store last Thursday.
- You can enter through the ______ gate.