©Coca-cola via CNN
- How often do you drink soda?
- How do you stay cool in hot weather?
- sensation /sen-SEY-shuhn /
- consumer /kuhn-SOO-mer/
- essential /uh-SEN-shuhl/
- mysterious /mi-STEER-ee-uhs/
- approach /uh-PROHCH/
[noun] – the ability to feel something physically, especially by touching, or a physical feeling that results from this ability
This spicy Thai dish gives you a burning sensation.
[noun] – a person who buys goods or services for their own use
Consumers of milk tea rose 18% this month.
[adjective] – necessary or needed
This map is essential for traveling.
[adjective] – strange, not known, or not understood
The mysterious author rarely attends book events.
[noun] – a way of considering or doing something
We need a new approach to impress our clients.
Before its release, many people on social media tried to figure out what the new drink would taste like. One Reddit user guessed raspberry, because “a quick Google search says that space tastes like raspberries.” More recently, another user guessed the flavor to be s’mores, a chocolate and graham cracker. Coca-Cola finally gave away the answer to the puzzle in a press release. According to the company, people can expect a cooling sensation and a feeling of a cold journey to space after drinking Starlight.
For Coca-Cola, reaching young consumers is essential because interest in soft drinks has been declining for years. With that in mind, the company has come up with exciting new promotions and mysterious products that could be a way to attract potential customers. Last year, it launched a platform called “Real Magic.” The idea is to take on a different approach to marketing Coke—-one that tries to reach new consumers by focusing on gaming and music. Coca-Cola Creations is part of that platform.
- Which product did Coca-cola stop selling?
- Before Starlight’s release, what were some flavors Reddit users guessed?
- How did Coca-cola describe the taste of Starlight?
- Why is reaching young consumers essential for Coca-cola?
- What is the idea behind Coca-cola’s Real Magic platform?
- What makes Coca-cola’s Starlight an interesting drink for you?
- Describe a popular bottled drink from your country.
- If you were to propose a new Coke flavor, what would it be? (State its name and describe its taste.)
- Do you think Starlight will be popular among teens?
- In your opinion, why has the interest in soft drinks declined over the years? Please explain your answer.