©Chesnot/Getty Images via CNN
I will read each question. Then, please answer them.
- Do you enjoy drawing?
- What kind of books do you read?
I will read the words, meanings, and sample sentences. Then, repeat after me.
- copy /KOP-ee/
- display /dih-SPLEY/
- various /VAIR-ee-uhs /
- planet /PLAN-it/
- friendship /FREND-ship/
[noun] – something that has been made to be exactly like something else
Please print a copy of this document.
[noun] – a collection of objects or pictures arranged for people to look at
The new bakery finally put their cakes on display!
[adjective] – many different
You can choose from various colors and designs.
[noun] – an extremely large, round mass of rock and metal, such as Earth, that moves in a circular path around the sun or another star
Venus is the hottest planet in our solar system.
[noun] – a situation in which two people are friends
Angel and Ruby celebrated 20 years of friendship.
Please read the whole article. Then, I will check your pronunciation and intonation.
The beloved classic “The Little Prince” has returned to Paris after 75 years. French author Antoine de Saint-Exupery wrote the book in New York and now 30 handwritten pages of the original copy are on display at the Museum of Decorative Arts in Paris. Hundreds of other items from different parts of the author’s life and work are part of the exhibit. They include watercolors, sketches, drawings, photographs, poems, newspaper clippings, and letters.”The exhibition is called ‘An Encounter with the Little Prince’ and the goal is to really encounter Little Prince,” Thomas Rivière, great-grandnephew of Saint-Exupery, told a news agency. The story has sold more than 200 million copies around the world. It tells the story of a child, who visits various planets in space and learns life lesson,s and makes friendships along the way. It has been translated into nearly 500 languages, since it was first published, based on the Museum of Decorative Arts, making it one of the most translated works in the world. Rivière spent three years planning to bring the exhibition to the public. The exhibition is open to visitors until June 26.
True or False:
Read the sentences and identify if they are true or false based on the article.
- Antoine de Saint-Exupery wrote The Little Prince.
- You can also find sketches and letters at An Encounter with The Little Prince.
- The Little Prince is one of the most translated works in the world.
- Thomas Rivière is the great-grandson of Saint-Exupery.
- Rivière spent two years planning the exhibition.
Fill in the blanks:
Choose the correct word from the table then fill in the blanks.
- Laura’s paintings are on ________ in the restaurant.
- I need three _______ of this photograph.
- This stationery store offers ______ writing tools.
- _________ are important in many ways.
- Jupiter is the larget ________ in the solar system.