©MATT MOSUR PHOTOGRAPHY via BBC News
- What are some famous children’s books in your country? Please tell me a bit more about them.
- What kinds of stories do you enjoy?
- plot /plot/
- struggle /STRUHG-uhl/
- primary school /PRAHY-muh-ree skool/
- socialize /SOH-shuh-lahyz/
- encounter /en-KOUN-ter/
[noun] – the story of a book, film, play, etc.
I’ll purchase this book. The plot seems interesting.
[verb] – to experience difficulty and make a very great effort in order to do something
I’ve been struggling to fix this computer. Could you lend me a hand?
[noun] – a school for children from the ages of about five to nine in the US (five to eleven in the UK and other countries), or an elementary school
Makoto used to be a volunteer teacher at her local primary school.
[verb] – partcipate in social activities; mix socially with others
My friends and I make sure to socialize at least once a week.
[verb] – to experience something, especially something unpleasant
Have you encountered any difficulties using this software?
Karmen, who created the book’s digital drawings, has been using illustrations as a creative outlet since she was a child. Asperger’s syndrome is an autism spectrum disorder defined by repetitive habits that makes it difficult for individuals with the condition to socialize with others. Working with Isle Listen was a “natural fit” for Mr. Cowely, who had first-hand experience with the mental health issues that young people encounter during his time as a teacher. “I like the fact that they’re going to use the book to get youngsters talking because it’s got that right message in a nice friendly atmosphere to start exploring some of the issues with them.”
- Who collaborated on “Red: A Manx Dragon Called Rufus”?
- What is the plot of the children’s book?
- To where will the income of the children’s book go?
- What has Karmen been using as a creative outlet since she was a child?
- How does Mr. Cowely describe working with Isle Listen?
- What is your favorite way of experiencing a story? (books, television shows, movies, etc.)
- Have you read a book that inspires readers to do something? Please tell me more about it.
- If you wrote a book, what would you write about and why?
- Should more people with disabilities write or produce books?
- Aside from books or illustrations, what are other methods for people to express themselves?