- Do you like sweets?
- Do you celebrate White Day?
- marshmallow /MAHRSH-mel-oh/
- dislike /dis-LAHYK/
- relationship /ri-LEY-shuhn-ship/
- taste /teyst/
- section /SEK-shuhn/
[noun] – a soft, sweet, pink or white food
Let’s roast some marshmallows over the fire.
[verb] – to not like someone or something
I dislike sweet foods.
[noun] – the way in which two or more people feel and behave towards each other
My siblings and I have a wonderful relationship.
[noun] – the flavor of something
The cake has a very delicious taste!
[noun] – a part of something
Does the office have a smoking section?
Those who received chocolates on February 14 answer to the people who gave them the gifts on March 14. So what do men give on White Day?
Love or hate for marshmallows
Chocolate-dipped marshmallows were originally meant as a way to return the girl’s feelings. But because marshmallows melt and dissolve, they are increasingly becoming associated with the message “I dislike you.”
Cookies of friendship
Cookies have a crunchy texture, similar to “casual” or “dry” relationships. As a result, “you’re simply a friend” is assumed to be the meaning.
The sweetness of hard candy’s “I like you”
Candy is something you enjoy in your mouth, appreciating its delicious taste. If they like you, this is something that will make them happy.
Special sections at candy stores, department stores, and supermarkets celebrate White Day. Try giving something back on March 14 if you received chocolates on Valentine’s Day!
True or False:
- Men are expected to give sweets to women on Valentine’s Day.
- White Day is celebrated on March 14.
- Nowadays, marshmallows have the message of “I like you.”
- Cookies mean “you’re simply a friend” because of their crunchy texture.
- Special sections at candy stores, department stores, and supermarkets celebrate White Day.
Fill in the blanks:
- The library has a large science _______.
- She doesn’t have a good _______ with her other friends.
- Could you buy _______ for me on your way home?
- This cake has a slightly bitter _______.
- I _______ jogging in the morning.