- Do you like going to the beach?
- Have you been on a zoo tour?
- sand /sand/
- surround /suh-ROUND/
- forest /FAWR-ist/
- waterfall /WAW-ter-fall/
- wild /wahyld/
[noun] – a substance that consists of very small grains of rock, found on beaches and in deserts
Marney lives near the beach and always collects sand.
[verb] – to be everywhere around something
Trees surrounded the couple’s house.
[noun] – a large area of land covered with trees and plants, usually larger than a wood, or the trees and plants themselves
The tourists witnessed a light show of fireflies in the forest.
[noun] – water, especially from a river or stream, dropping from a higher to a lower point, sometimes from a great height
Lia loves painting waterfalls.
[adjective] – used to refer to plants or animals that live or grow independently of people, in natural conditions and with natural characteristics
We saw a herd of wild horses in Hawaii.
The world’s fifth-largest country by area, Brazil is host to different natural wonders. Tourists from around the world visit the country to witness the beauty of the Iguaçu Falls and the white sand beaches of Rio de Janeiro. But there is still so much to discover in this country.
Baia dos Porcos
©Nido Huebl/Adobe Stock via CNN
Also known as “Pig’s Bay,” Baia dos Porcos is one of the most magnificent beaches in the world, but with hardly any sand. This beach is the smallest of Noronha archipelago’s signature beaches. It features turquoise waters with colorful fish surrounded by high walls of black stone.
Chapada dos Veadeiros National Park
Eraldo Peres/AP via CNN
Travelers will surely be amazed by the boundless forests, majestic mountains, and beautiful waterfalls that make up this national park. Another interesting fact——-many people have reported UFO sightings in the park.
Emas National Park
Delfim Martins/Adobe Stock via CNN
Home to the rare maned wolf and other wild animals, this place welcomes all kinds of explorers. For those visiting from September to October, an incredible surprise awaits! Glowing termite mounds can be found in the park at night.
Anyone set to visit these places would surely be rewarded with a great experience.
True or False:
- Iguaçu Falls is located in Brazil.
- Baia dos Porcos is also known as “Pig’s Bay.”
- Baia dos Porcos features turquoise waters with colorful fish surrounded by high walls of white stone.
- Emas National Park is home to the rare maned-wolf.
- Glowing termite mounds can be found in Chapada dos Veadeiros National Park.
Fill in the blanks:
- This _________ is perfect for our camping trip.
- Boracay is a popular white ______ beach in the Philippines.
- We saw many _____ animals and plants while on the safari tour.
- Tall buildings __________ the small cafe.
- I would like to witness the beauty of a __________.